- Features & Specs
- More Info
The Atlas TC289LH wheel clamp tire changer is the Atlas TC289 wheel clamp tire changer that has been equipped with the pneumatic Atlas LH assist arm. The addition of the Atlas LH assist arm to the Atlas TC289 makes the Atlas TC289LH one of the most powerful wheel clamp tire changers in the marketplace.
The Atlas TC289LH is the perfect wheel clamp tire changer for most general automotive service departments and medium to large sized tire stores. The Atlas TC289LH wheel clamp tire changer is capable of changing the majority of the expensive alloy and custom wheels found on today's vehicles.
The powerful adjustable bead breaker located on the side of the tire changer is designed to break even the most stubborn and rusted beads without damage to the rim. The bead breaker can be adjusted out to over 18 inches from the tire changer.
The turntable jaws (which can be covered with the standard protective plastic inserts) hold the rim securely without damaging the surface of the rim.
The Atlas TC289LH comes standard with a powerful bead blaster and inflator hose with gauge.
Three Positions for Clamping Jaws: Clamping jaws can be moved to three different positions along the slides of the turntable to either increase or decrease the clamping range.
Left (LH) Assist Arm: The pneumatic powered LH assist arm is a must have accessory to mount and demount many of the stiff sidewall tires found on today's vehicles. This Atlas LH assist arm provides robotic power, allowing the operator to keep both hands free during the tire changing operation. The disc and rotating press arm exert an enormous amount of pressure on the sidewall of the tire so the operator can mount or demount a stiff sidewall tire.
The pneumatic power cylinder produces sufficient power to allow the properly positioned pressure disc to exert both upward and downward pressure (depending if you are mounting or demounting) on the sidewall of the tire. You must exert enough (upward or downward) pressure on the tire's sidewall to effectively move the bead of the tire close to thecenter of the rim. Many of the cheaper arm assemblies are no more than an air cylinder mounted above the turntable. These low cost air cylinder arm assemblies exert only a minimal amount of downward pressure. This downward pressure is needed for mounting the tire on the wheel, but is ineffective when you need to dismount the tire from the wheel. The lifting disc of the Atlas LH assist arm exerts an enormous amount of controlled pressure to gently force the lower bead up into the wheel cavity, so that the tire can be removed. The bead is held below the lip of the rim by the rotating bead press adapter as the tire is being mounted.
The control toggle switch is positioned for maximum accessibility and ease of use.
CE Tested and Approved
Bead Blaster: The revolutionary Bead Blaster design found on many of our Atlas tire changers provides an enormous amount of air pressure and volume (blasting air through the air holes positioned near the movable turntable jaws) to seat the beads on most stiff sidewall tires. This tremendous volume of air, directed to the inside cavity of the tire, forces both tire sidewalls to press solidly against the wheel so that the tire will "hold air". Atlas wheel clamp tire changers offer this exclusive bead blast design on most of their tire changers. This innovative large volume Bead Blaster design allows the operator to seat the beads and easily inflate even the most stubborn of stiff sidewall tires.
The larger air tank reservoir holds more compressed air than most competitive tire changers. The tank is connected to a unique valve system which utilizes an oversized hose system to deliver a huge amount of air pressure and volume in a short amount of time.
This new Bead Blaster design allows a larger volume of air at a higher pressure to be forced into the tire cavity for a longer period of time. This increased pressure and volume of the Bead Blaster system separates the Atlas wheel clamp tire changers from their competition. One pedal allows the operator to seat the bead and inflate the tire to the factory recommend pressure in a short amount of time.
The use of Atlas Motorcycle/ATV Flip Adapters prevent the use of the air bead blast feature on this tire changer. The adapters are slid over the standard wheel clamp jaws on the tire changer table and will block the holes through which the bead blast shoots the jets of air. This means that you will not be able to use the Bead Blaster to help you reseat the bead of a tire when you are using either of these adapter sets.
Features & SpecsFeatures
- Left Assist Arm Assembly
- Tire Inflator
- Adjustable Bead Breaker
- 3 Positions For Clamping Jaws
- Oil, Filter, Regulator Included
- 90-110 PSI
- Rear Mounted Bead Blaster
- Inner Clamp: 14" - 30"
- Outer Clamp: 12" - 28"
- Max Tire Diameter: 47 1/2"
- Max Wheel Width: 18 1/2"
- Rims: Steel, Aluminum, Alloy
- External Clamping Range: Position 1) 11 7/8" - 26"
- External Clamping Range: Position 2) 12 7/8" - 27"
- External Clamping Range: Position 3) 13 3/4" - 28"
- Internal Clamping Range: Position 1) 13 7/8" - 27 7/8"
- External Clamping Range: Position 2) 14 5/8" - 28 7/8"
- External Clamping Range: Position 3) 15 5/8" - 29 7/8"
With Flip Adapters In The ATV Configuration
- External Locking Rim Dimension: Position 1) 5" - 19 1/8"
- External Locking Rim Dimension: Position 2) 5 7/8" - 20 1/8"
- External Locking Rim Dimension: Position 3) 6 7/8" - 21 1/8"
With Flip Adapters In The Motorcycle Configuration
- External Locking Rim Dimension: Position 1) 15" - 29 1/8"
- External Locking Rim Dimension: Position 2) 15 7/8" - 30"
- External Locking Rim Dimension: Position 3) 16 7/8" - 31"
- Bead Blaster: Yes
- Maximum tire diameter: 47"
- Operating voltage: 110V 1Ph
- Maximum wheel width (Bead Breaker): Position 1) 14"
- Maximum wheel width (Bead Breaker): Position 2) 18"
- Air pressure: 90-110 psi
- Maximum Inlet Pressure not to exceed: 170 PSI*
- Turntable Rotating Torque: 885 ft/lbs.
- Wheel clamping: 4 jaws: internal/external
- Bead breaker: Pneumatic 5,500 LB. force
- Oiler, filter, regulator: Included
- Soap reservoir: Included
- 4 Black plastic rim protectors: Included
- Shipping Weight: Crate 1) 618 lbs
- Shipping Weight: Crate 1) 154 lbs
*Inlet pressure is the amount of air pressure that your air compressor is supplying.
Atlas TC289LH Assist Arm Wheel Clamp Tire Changer Reviews
Add your review