- Features & Specs
- More Info
Create a Better Work Environment With Hush Quiet
If you have massive compressed air needs and don't want the loud humming and banging of a traditional air compressor, the Hush Quiet by BendPak is exactly what you need. This surprisingly quiet 7.5 HP air compressor runs at just 64 dB. For context, that's just a little louder than a restaurant conversation with music playing in the background and an air conditioner running overhead. It's also quieter than the average home vacuum cleaner. Below, please take a few minutes to discover everything you need to know about this amazingly quiet and effective air compressor.
What are the benefits of a rotary screw air compressor?
How it works
The Hush Quiet's asymmetric profile screw set is driven by a 7.5 HP electric motor and triple‐belt drive. Atmospheric air is drawn through the inlet filter into the asymmetric profile screw set, and this is where air is compressed. BendPak's specially developed PowerCool synthetic lubricant is injected into the screw set to serve three important roles: coolant, lubricant and sealant. Under normal conditions, the air reaches a maximum temperature of about 176°F / 80°C during compression.
Next, dual‐stage separator removes any cooling fluid from the compressed air. The cooling fluid is recycled, passing through the cooler and micro‐filter, then all the way back to the point of injection. Meanwhile, the air compressor regulates and optimizes air and fluid temperature with a highly sensitive thermostatic valve. The air emerges from the separator cartridge with a total fluid content of less than 2 mg/m³ before passing through the minimum pressure check valve and, at last, through the after-cooler.
In the aftercooler, we further reduce the air temperature between five and 10 degrees above ambient. Most of the moisture in the air condenses here and is easy to separate and remove in the downstream centrifugal separator. Now the air can finally leave the air compressor through an outlet and be applied to any automotive job you need.
BendPak's asymmetric rotor profiles with precision ground-lobe configuration to provide higher compressed air output without trading for higher power consumption. Each rotor is fitted with high‐precision bearings, allowing for a significantly increased air end life. Multiple shaft seals are also there to provide total protection from oil and other contaminants. Finally, toothed safety washers and a special locking nut ensure that the rotor tolerances are set throughout the life of the air compressor for improved reliability, stability and longevity.
Speak softly and carry a big stick
A specially engineered double‐shaft asymmetric profile screw set combines with a virtually soundproof, insulated enclosure; an innovative cooling fan gives Hush Quiet users an almost silent—yet powerful—air supply at all times.
With no parts to wear down, the Hush Quiet offers superior reliability and significantly reduced maintenance costs. There are simply no piston rings, valves, rod‐inserts, bushings or pistons just waiting to fail, nor are there valves, valve plates or valve strips to service. With extended service intervals, you save time and money. Convenient service panels allow you to easily access all the necessary internal components for occasional servicing.
All regular maintenance can be performed from the comfort of your own shop, at your leisure. Still, we do provide annual maintenance contracts for customers who prefer the assurance that their QRS air compressor is always operating at peak performance. Contact BendPak sales or customer service for more details.
Lower operating costs
This is a big deal. Energy costs represent a significant portion of any compressed air system's total lifetime cost. In fact, the amount of energy required to run a traditional compressor for just one year can exceed the compressor purchase price! Over a period of 10 years, energy normally totals 70% of the overall costs. The efficient design of the BendPak Hush Quiet RS7580V rotary screw air compressor can reduce this burden significantly.
Our easy-to-understand touch‐pad control automatically regulates and monitors the rotary screw air compressor via an industrial-grade PC and real-time operating system. The four‐line, plain‐text display with touch keys and menu‐guided screens offers users clear function choices. At the same time, the controller manages the system by monitoring temperatures and pressures in order to protect your investment and ensure you extract maximum energy efficiency and performance from every single kilowatt you use.
When designing the Hush Quiet, we paid great attention to its ventilation and heat exchange system in order to guarantee excellent cooling, even in the harshest environmental conditions. With efficient, high-capacity cooling fans and oversized cooling intakes and discharge ducts, the Hush Quiet rotary screw air compressor surpasses even our own expectations, and we’re sure it will surpass yours, too.
PowerCool lubricant is a specialized synthetic coolant engineered to achieve peak compressor performance for rotary screw air compressors. The unique PowerCool formula allows for long life, excellent cooling performance and improved compressor efficiency. It also features:
- Two years / 8,000 hours useful life, saving you money on cost and disposal.
- Low carryover up to 75% lower than mineral oils and PAOs, which means less fluid for makeup and less contamination.
- Cost benefits due to excellent cooling and efficiency.
- Less maintenance because PowerCool lubricant can be changed up to eight times less often than most other lubricants.
Features & Specs
- Variable speed drive controls with timed shutdown
- Hush-Quiet super silenced insulated enclosure
- Fully open access doors for easy service
- Heavy duty inlet filter
- Twin toothed drive belts provide greater durability and more efficient power transmission
- Precision-aligned, high-quality roller bearings designed to withstand the most demanding conditions and extend service life.
- Asymmetric rotary screw with oil injection
- Phase protection - safety feature
- Spin-on oil separator
- Custom operating parameters
- Emergency stop push button
- Pressure differential meter
- Warnings for all shutdown procedures
- Rotor lock protection
- Short-circuit protection
- Dirty air filter warning
- Periodic maintenance warnings
- Pressure relief valve
- Horsepower: 7.5 HP
- RPM: 3,450 RPM
- Voltage: 208 - 230 VAC
- Phase: 1 Ph
- Hertz: 60 Hz
- Running Amps (SFA): 22-20A @ 208/230V
- Peak Amps: 46-42A @ 208/230V
- Recommended Breaker: 30A
- Noise: 64 dB
- Style: Rotary Screw
- Lubrication: Forced Oil
- Material: N/A
- Pump RPM: N/A
- Duty Cycle: Continuous
- CFM @ 90 PSI: 25 CFM
- CFM @ Max PSI: 21.3 CFM
- Auto Turn-On Pressure: 120 psi
- Auto Shut-Off Pressure: 175 psi
- Max PSI: 175 psi
- Orientation: Vertical
- Size: 80 gallon
- Outlet: 1/2" Fitting
- Certification: ASME
- Width: 39" (991 mm)
- Depth: 32" (813 mm)
- Height: 73" (1,854 mm)
- Weight: 630 lbs. (286 kg)
- Shipping: 40" x 79.25" x 45.25" (1,016 mm x 2,013 mm x 1,149 mm)
- Five Years (60-Months) Warranty on the compressor tank
- Two Years (24-Months) Warranty on the compressor pump
- One Year (12-Months) Warranty on operating components
- One Year (12-Months) Warranty on electrical components
- One Year (12-Months) Labor Warranty on site or at factory*
- One Year (12-Months) Free-Shipping** on ground-freight charges related to warranty performance
BendPak RS7580V-601 Rotary Screw Air Compressor Reviews
Add your review