- Features & Specs
- More Info
The Ranger R80DTXF is a premium feature packed tire changer built using the legendary R26DT model as it's base. Those people familiar with the R26DT know it as a trusted model that was built to be durable and dependable. The improvements made to this new upgraded model really provide the ultimate tire machine for any serious tire shop. Standard features for the R80DTXF include a variable speed turntable, a manual beed loosener, an automatic bead lifting tool, hardened steel wheel clamps, and a huge 31" rim capacity. All these features are meant to save you time and increase productivity. It also includes these other features that have always been on the R26DT - plastic protective wheel restraint device, two lower bead lifting discs, top bead assisting rollers, dual mounting assist towers for low profile tires, tilt tower design to allow easier wheel mounting to the turntable and a multiple dimensional drop center tool. These key features sum up why this machine is so popular. When you purchase the R80DTXF, you can have confidence that you can handle anything that comes in your shop, and you'll never have to turn anyone away again.
Probably the biggest concern of our customers over the past 17 years has been - How long will it last? That's where the R80DTXF comes in. This machine is the lastest and greatest product from Ranger that incorporates all of the high-end features from top manufacturers, yet it is surprisingly affordable. They were made not only for the start-up auto shop and full service garage. They are also suitable for high volume tire shops as well. Go ahead. Use them and abuse them. They will stand up to the abuse. They were made to hold up to everyday use - day in, day out. Constructed with heavy duty components so you won't be out of commission 6 months after the warranty expires. And specialized too. You'll be able to tackle those stubborn, hard to change wheels, like thicker wall tires, and low profile wheels. Controls are all conveniently positioned to maximize productivity, and Ranger doesn't take any shortcuts. All components are industrial quality, leading to longer service life and less down time. And just check out the capability of these machines. They can handle a wide range of rim / tire diameters. Any shop owner would be proud to own one.
When you want a durable tire changer that will service pretty much anything you can throw at it, including the big, expensive wheels, as well as the low profile tires that are so prominent today, the R80DTXF is what you want. If you want to take your tire shop to the next level, you need a machine like this. The power assist mounting helper arm aids in changing those expensive performance tires that most of your competition cannot. Stubborn thick walled tires are a breeze with the state of the art precision features that this machine offers. Plus, the additional second right side power assist arm really turns it up a notch. This second arm will allow you to expand your service offerings even more by handling run flat tires.
This machine handles such a wide range of custom wheels, all the way up to 31" rim diameter (internal) and 29" (external), and the hardest wall low profile tires are a breeze with the pneumatic power assist tower. No need for your technician to get frustrated and bruise his knuckles with an old school machine. No need for time consuming adapters and annoying attachments. Professional auto technicians are pleased with the features and lack of effort needed for all functions. Tilt tower makes placing larger wheels onto the turntable much easier. This Ranger tyre changer provides everything you need right here with a state of the art model that reduces potential for damage, increases speed, and increases you ability to offer your customers all the service they need.
• High torque turntable - Speed is measured and controlled as to prevent potentially damaging expensive wheels and tires. Electric powered turntable means more control, the ability to reverse it if it gets stuck, and less potential of damaging expensive tires.
• Variable speed control Why variable speed? It allows your technician to have the turntable rotation speed match the large variety of wheel diameter dimensions. to match turntable rotational speed and torque with varied tire and wheel combinations. Speed it up or slow it down to help protect the rim from damage and to reduce mounting work time. 208-230V, 50/60HZ, 1-phase power is required.
• Improved electric motor - engineered to last, including copper motor wiring, rolled steel framework, durable bearings, and all motors are converatble - Powerful 2HP requires 220v AC at 50 or 60 Hz.
• All control mechanisms are readily within reach in the front of the unit so you spend less time reaching for them. It's all about productivity and efficiency.
• Stainless steel and aluminum pneumatic cylinders - this is where many manufacturers take a shortcut. Not Ranger. All components are designed to last, and reduce wear and vibration. Friction and sress are reduced through a series of cushions at the end of the stroke of the cylinder, helping to increase the life span of the cylinder rod, seals and other components.
• Premium Quality Components - So many problems arise from inferior components going into the construction of the machine. If components like the flywheel are not pefectly balanced, it can lead to trouble down the road. All components are precision crafted to conform to Ranger's highest specifications. These are not cookie cutter, mass produced products that they just slap their decal on.
• Bead breaker - Innovative new style has extremely fast speeds due to pneumatic accelerators. And don't worry about these cylinders corroding like so many inferior models do. They're made with of stainless steel. The multiple axis blade is also adjustable and sports an axle that has dual flanges which helps prevent premature mantenance problems and because the blade can be set at different settings, you'll be able to handle a wide range of tires and rims.
• Enhanced bead breaker arm features rugged box frame construction that increases the mechanical strength and assures years of dependable service and performance. A large rubber bump-stop assures smooth return to help reduce shock loading and minimize wear on pneumatic cylinder, guides and associated moving parts.
• Mount / demount head - Is comprised of a hardened alloy steel and has a proprietary design that floats over the bead to remove and mount tires quickly, easily and with minimal effort.
• Pneumatic control valves - Cast to precision with industrial grade aluminum and zinc with piston guides made of teflon lengthen life expectancy and improve performance. These components add up to create a machine that will last well beyond the typical model on the market today. Less maintenance means less down time and less lost revenue. Even the plunger valves feature extrication posrts that muffle the blow-back and contaminants and debris build-up so that nothing causes premature failure of the parts.
• Adjustable wheel clamps - Trademarked Rim Guard clamps are feature dual positioning that can handle a wide range of rim sizes, all the way from 10" up to 31", depending on the model. All the while, not damaging those expensive rims.
• Geometric rim clamping table - Check out the design of the table top. It allows access ports from the underside so the technician can view the rim from below to make sure everything is OK from underneath before proceeding with operations. It also allows tech. to lube to wheel as well.
• Forged steel foot pedals - Rugged construction means even personnel who are rough on your equipment won't damage it. Using forged steel instead of cast steel means a much more reliable end-product that you won't have to purchase parts for later on down the road - even in high volume tire repair facilities.
• Control valves - particularly for the foot pedals - utilize multiple link rod connections that control operations with significantly improved precision and more reliability.
• High pressure pneumatic tubing composed of high pressure polyeurethane means less problems in the form of kinks, leaks and reduced air flow. Thislevel of quality is found on all Ranger Nex Generation tire changers. For most machines on the market, this is the number 1 problem area.
• TurboBlast™ bead seater - Ranger had to trademark the name of their new jet blast bead seating system Once you see it in action, you'll understand why. No other system handles the job so successfully and efficiently. Just a quick blast of air pointed in the right direction, and you're done. No need for a separate Cheeta valve or similar type air tank. This 8 gallon tank and it's unique delivery system can handle even the most stubborn, thick walled truck tires.
• Gearbox - is maintenance free to provide for years of trouble free service. It uses a huge reservior for oil that dissipates heat and lubricates much better than most models out there. It utilizes helical gears instead of the typical spur gears found on most machines. Forget all this technical mumbo-jumbo. All you need to know is that because of all the thought put into these Ranger tire changers, you won't have to worry about breaking down constantly like so many others.
• Accessories - All the standard accessories that you would expect (and then some) come standard with every model. Including the nylon jaw covers to protect the alloy rims, and well as bead breaker cover and duckhead inserts. Soap bucket and tire lever tool also a supplied as standard equipment. Ranger even offers a fully plastic duckhead for very delicate jobs as an optional accessory.
• All sensitive components are sealed - within the cabinet so you don't have to worry about dust, grime and build-up that is so typical in most auto shops. Terminals, belts, hoses, electrical and mechanical components are free from debris and resist mechanical wear, and potential inadvertent damage and corrosion.
• Hexagonal vertical tool shaft - Rugged construction of 45mm along with hardened steel sister components such as the outrigger arm make this unit hard to beat. This prevents damage to those pricey alloy rims that cost so much to replace if your technician mistakenly damages them.
• Tire inflator - easy to use with a quick push of a pedal is all it takes to inflate the tire once it has been mounted properly to the rim. The quick connect valve fitting saves time and makes sure that you are focused on productivity, not mundane tasks. Need to lower the pressure. No problem, just hit the dump valve and you're ready to go in a jiffy.
• Optional Accessories - Include the jaw expansion clamps that allow you to handle larger rims or motorcycle tims. There are also clamp reducers to allow you to change ATV and small wheels. Then there is the fully plastic duckhead which will aid in changing those very delicate whhels that will set you back hudreds of dollars if you damage them.
DST64T Ranger Wheel Balancer Digital DataWand™ Entry
The DST64T's Drive-Check technology dramatically improves rotational measuring typically used to diagnose and repair ride disturbance complications. The highly precise DST64T performs a computer generated driving simulation then checks and measures the tire / wheel assembly for imbalance and possible runout of the rim and tire. With the DST64T, virtually all possible complaints due to rotational imbalance are eliminated before the wheel is mounted on the vehicle.
Automatic Wheel Data Entry
Our revolutionary DataWand™ and inner data set arm allows you to quickly and automatically enter all wheel parameter settings in less than three seconds; wheel diameter, wheel width, offset distance and targeted weight placement positioning for exact balancing every time. The parameter values are automatically entered into the wheel balancer by a single simultaneous maneuver of the extendible and storable DataWand and inner data set arm reducing set-up times and eliminating opportunities for human error. The DataWand also features a built-in tape weight holder that aids with tape weight placement and positioning at precise locations.
A soft-touch key pad and display panel features tire and wheel graphics to help simplify speed entry of wheel data and helps guide technicians through balancing procedures. Operator function keys are labeled with simple, easy-to-read icons helping operators identify and command all balancing functions. Bright LED weight placement indicators and an audible alarm identify exact weight positions as the wheel is gently rolled to exact top-dead-center. Tiered weight placement indicators help identify out-of-sight weight placement such as split-weight or hidden “behind-the-spoke” techniques.
Inner Wheel Target Lighting
The DST64T incorporates a brightly displayed light-emitting diode (LED) inner wheel target light that automatically illuminates the interior of the rim and helps identify the exact weight placement location. Auto-activates each time the wheel restraint pedal is depressed.
Multi-Directional Anti-glare Control Panel
In order to minimize sunlight glare and increase user productivity the DST64T features a multi-directional control panel and anti-glare surface that improves touch screen readability. Easy horizontal and vertical adjustment of the control panel minimizes glare and reflections from overhead lights, windows, and other light sources. In addition to multi-angle positioning, the DST64T control panel features a screen surface that causes light to diffuse and reflect for better visibility.
Wheel Weight Starter Kit
Free samples of Ranger steel wheel weights will be included with ALL DST-2420 and DST-64 series wheel balancers. Starter Kit includes; one bulk roll of 100 silver adhesive steel tape weights, one bulk roll of 100 black adhesive steel tape weights, and one starter box of mixed clip-on steel weights.
Quick and Precise Set-Up
Multi-size center cones, rear mounting spring and a full rubber perimeter no-mar “Quick-Nut” bell adapter makes mounting wheels fast and easy and minimizes the risk of costly wheel damage.
Highly Precise Digital Sensor Technology
Our highly accurate Digital Sensor Technology features 64-bit architecture and single‐chip technology for unprecedented speed and accuracy - especially when using sophisticated balance and weight placement techniques required for newer high-tech OEM and aftermarket wheels. Single-chip 64-bit architecture provides improved stability and accuracy along with greater application speed and data processing while using less hardware. By reducing hardware, service and maintenance costs are reduced and equipment life cycle is increased. An extremely fast dedicated hyper transport protocol allows data to communicate with the micro-processor at much faster speeds resulting in lower power consumption, reduced heat and increased stability and accuracy.
Multi-directional Quartz Piezoelectric Load Sensors
The DST64T uses highly precise dual-component piezoelectric quartz load sensors combined with a single digital rotation encoder that measure both longitudinal, transversal, and shear effects for multi-directional force unbalance detection. The piezoelectric force sensors used on the DST64T are very sensitive and offer long-term stability and freedom from fatigue for a service life that is virtually unlimited. The high rigidity quartz crystal sensors result in very high frequency detection in all three directions of measurement.
The DST64T automatically calculates the minimum amount of weight needed to achieve an optimal balance for the tire and wheel configuration so you use less weight which adds up to real savings and increases your bottom line.
Standard Accessories and Mounting Cone Package
The DST64T tooling package not only includes our standard car and light truck cones, but a medium-duty truck cone as well. This well-equipped four-piece cone set includes the following sizes; [1.75”-2.75”], [2.75”-3.50”], [3.50”-4.25”] and [4.25” - 5.12”]. Other standard accessories include; wheel caliper, weight hammer, rear mounting spring, Quick-Nut, Quick-Nut bell adapter and a specialty calibration weight.
VALUABLE TIME-SAVING OPTIONS
No More Heavy Lifting
Our optional RWL-350 wheel lift makes light work out of heavy lifting by servicing large, oversize truck and custom wheels that usually require extra effort on part of the technician. The optional RWL-350 pneumatic wheel lift helps technicians mount wheels effortlessly on the balancer, preventing potential injuries and fatigue from manually lifting heavy wheels. The lever-controlled wheel lift quickly raises the wheel and a bearing mounted slider positions them for easy mounting. One handed operation means the technician’s free hand remains able to control the wheel assembly once it is lifted into the mounting position. The portable wheel lift handles wheels up to 350 pounds and takes up minimal space around the balancer.
Flange Plate Kit
Essential for the more precise balancing, this adjustable multi-position flange plate kit includes centering pin adapters to fit most import and domestic car and light truck lug-bolt patterns. The specially designed lug-bolt adapters balance wheels far more accurately than a cone can do by itself, resulting in a smooth, vibration free drive. Includes flange plate kit and measuring caliper.
Features & Specs
Ranger R80DTXF Tire Changer Specifications:
Type of Drive System Electric / Air Motor 2 HP, 208-230VAC, 50-60 HZ, 1-Phase Air Requirement 110-175 PSI (8-12 BAR) Automatic Bead Lifting Tool Standard Variable Speed Control Standard Table Clamping System Dual Pneumatic Cylinders Wheel Clamping Method 4 Wheel Clamps - Internal / External Adjustable RimGuard™ Wheel Clamps Standard Bead Loosener System Pneumatic Blade Bi-lateral Power-Controlled Bead Loosener Standard Bead Loosener Control Single-Lever Control on Shovel Handle Power Assist Towers Dual / Left & Right Upper Bead Assist Roller Standard / Dual Power-Drop Traveling Drop-Center Hold Down Device Standard Wheel Centering Tool / Inflation Restraint Device Standard "Turbo-Blast" Bead Seating System Standard Tool Tray / Bin Storage Standard Inflation Gauge With Integrated Air Dump Valve Standard Inflation Pressure Regulator/Limiter Standard Water Filter / Oiler / Lubricator Standard Air Regulator Standard Tire Iron / Bead Lever Tool Standard Large Soap / Lubricator Bucket Standard Brush Standard Tower Design Tilt-Back Motorcycle Turntable Clamps Optional Internal Rim Clamping Capacity 12" – 31” (305mm - 787mm) External Rim Clamping Capacity 10" – 29" (254mm - 737mm) Turntable Tire Width Capacity (Mounting) 5" – 20" (127mm – 508mm) Bead Breaker Tire Width Capacity (Demounting) 3" – 15" (76mm – 381mm) Maximum Tire Diameter 47" (1194 mm) Shipping Weight 1256 lbs. (570 Kg)
FEATURES DST64T Ranger Wheel Balancer
- Highly precise 64-bit architecture and single‐chip technology. Precision DataWand™ and inner data set arm allows you to quickly and automatically enter all wheel parameter settings in less than three seconds.
- Serpentine poly-V belt features a polyester-aramid fiber composite core to resist degradation of functional performance under extreme operating conditions. Poly-V belt mates perfectly with motor and spindle sheave for continuous tension and distribution.
- (1) Dynamic, (2) static, (1) standard alloy and variable alloy setting that enables you to select the exact weight placement location you choose for the specific wheel being serviced. Easily configured with the simple push of a button for a variety of wheel styles and designs.
- Automatic rolling wheel parameter setting feature saves valuable time and minimizes errors.
- Low RPM balancing speed and rapid six-second cycle time.
- Automatic braking
- Gram/ounce selection and millimeter/inch selection
- An audible alarm and brightly displayed LED’s identify exact weight amounts and precise positioning for perfect balancing.
- Tiered weight placement indicators help identify out-of-sight position weight placement such as split-weight or hidden “behind-the-spoke” techniques.
- Wheel restraint pedal secures wheels at precisely 12-o’clock for easier servicing and proper weight placement.
- LED inner wheel target light automatically illuminates the interior of the rim and helps identify the exact weight placement location. Auto-activates each time the wheel restraint pedal is depressed.
- Manual or automatic start when hood is lowered
- Self calibration function
- High-volume top weight tray and side shelf storage gives you room to inventory a wide variety of wheel weights and tools.
- Precision-machined, hardened-steel 36-mm shaft (ACME thread 30-degree 3-P).
- Quick-release hub nut for dramatically reduced set-up times
- Side cone storage pegs keeps mounting cones readily available
- Open-sided hood design allows for a broader coverage of tire shapes and sizes
- Motor: 1.5 HP, 208-230V, 50/60HZ 1Ph.
- Working Temperature: -5C / 27F to 50C / 82F
- Drive System: Serpentine Poly-V belt
- Cycle time: 6-12 seconds (avg.) Depending on Wheel
- Balancing Modes: 1 Dynamic / 2 Static / Multi-Variable Alloy
- Top Positioning Weight Locator: Standard
- Inside & Outside Measuring: Standard
- Millimeter / Inches Selection: Standard
- Ounce / Gram Selection: Standard
- Hidden Weight Function: Standard
- Match Mount Function: Standard
- Wheel Offset Distance Data Entry: Automatic
- Wheel Diameter Data Entry: Automatic
- Wheel Width Data Entry: Automatic
- Self-Calibration Function: Standard
- Auto Start When Hood is Lowered: Auto Start or Manual Start
- Wheel Spin Braking: Automatic / Pulse Electronic
- Wheel Restraint Pedal: Standard
- Centering Cones Included: 3 Auto & Light Truck / 1 Medium Truck
- Wheel Calipers: Standard
- Rear Cone Mount Spring: Standard
- No-Mar Rear Cone Mount Pressure Cup: Standard
- Quick-Release & Mount Hub Nut: Standard
- Maximum Tire Diameter: 50" / 1270 mm
- Max Tire Weight: 150 pounds (68 kg)
- Max. Wheel Diameter: 10” - 30" / 254 - 762 mm
- Wheel Width Capacity: 1.5" - 20" / 38 mm - 508 mm
- Balancing Increments: 0.25 or 0.01 ounce
- Balancing Speed: 180 RPM
- Accuracy: +- .5 Gram / .025 Oz.
- Resolution: (Round Off Mode) 5 Gram / .25 Oz.
- Shipping Weight: 498 pounds / 226 kg.
- Unit Dimensions: / Width – Depth - Height [46” 1168 mm] [31” 787 mm] [56” 1422 mm]
- Space Required: / Width – Depth - Height [60” 1524 mm] [50” 1270 mm] [60” 1524 mm]
More Info -
"Check out the pictures of our new Ranger R30XLT tire machine. This machine is great and handles anything I throw at it. Thanks for everything".
Lam's Auto Repair Tampa, FL
What Makes Ranger NexGen Tire Changers Superior?
Click Here To Find Out
Customer Testimonial -
"Hi Guys. I received my equipment on Friday. On that note I was very impressed with them and got them hooked up and immediately tried them out and am very happy with both of machines! I've attached a picture of them in my garage. I'm very much looking forward to using it more and all its awesome features! Thanks"
- Kevin Laskowski
Ranger Tire Changer R80DTXF | Wheel Balancer DST64T Combo Reviews
Add your review